A dear friend and her kids came to visit us today. It was such a nice afternoon. Philip was so excited to see his old friend again. To be honest, so was I. : ) We had pizza, hung around the house and then went to the lake to swim. Elizabeth must have been really tired because she fell asleep almost as soon as she hit the water. LOL (we had her in one of those floatie things for babies) I so wish I had my camera. She looked so sweet. Isabella is still a bit nervous in the water. I'm hoping she starts to relax more soon. She holds on to us SO tight. lol Philip had a lot of fun. On the way home we stopped at the playground. Well, we must have just wore out these poor girls of mine. They have both been asleep for HOURS now. Wow! Guess where we'll be spending the rest of our afternoons? ; ) It cooled down a lot today. It's about time! We were about to melt over here. lol It was in the low 80's today. I was hoping for a nice, cool *low 70's* type of day but I'll take 80's. ;) I am SO ready for autumn. I was just telling Phil I can't wait to take the kids apple picking. : ) (and all of that other fall stuff. See things I love about autumn post lol)The lady from the health department called yesterday. Our conditional permit is ready. Woohoo! So now we need to go get it, take it to the court house, get it recorded and then bring it back to the HD. Once we return it she will issue our final permit. Ugh! I guess this is all a part of saving a bunch of $$ doing it yourself. ; ) That reminds me, I almost forgot to write about Monday. We met the guy from the HD at the land so he could approve our well and septic permits. Well, we hadn't been there in about a month. The last time we were there the grass was a little long but nothing out of control. Well, let me just say I was SHOCKED when we pulled up. LOL Not only is the grass high but there are HUGE weeds everywhere. I was so embarrassed! Ack! I kept apologizing to the guy but he assured me it wasn't so bad. Ha! My legs were covered with scratches when we were done. Of course, the house will be located on the very back left corner of the lot so we got to walk about 800 feet to the back. Oh and then we had the fun job of attempting to locate the property lines. An easy task when the grass is nice and short but not so easy when the weeds are practically as tall as you are. lol Now we need to find someone to come make our land look pretty again. ; ) If we had someplace to keep the tractor we could have been mowing it ourselves... :: sigh :: Oh well. Just another bump in the road. And really, not that big of one at that. : ) The good news is, hopefully we can have our well and septic put in, in the next week or so. :: crossing fingers :: Then I can get our building permit and get busy! I can't wait to start to see this house being built. I am SO ready. I am sick of being in this rental already. I will feel much better once our house is started. : ) I'm going to order Philip's curriculum tomorrow. I can't believe it's that time of year already! School will be here before we know it. I am excited though. I love to get all the books and see what we're going to learn in the coming year. : ) I'm also going to start Isabella in preschool. Her attention span isn't all that long but we can work around that. ;) I suppose that's enough misc. rambling from me tonight. Good night all.