Our Journey...
~ Join us on our journey through life
Sunday, August 07, 2005
Ahhh! Relaxing Sunday...
Today was a real nice day. We didn't do too much, but really, aren't those the best kind? ; ) After breakfast, we decided to head up to Michael's. I had so much fun walking around picking out fun projects for the kiddos and I. I had almost forgotten how much I love to craft! It's been a long time since I've really done anything. However, I have been wanting to learn to sew and to knit and/or crochet (I still don't know the difference. Anyone??) forever, so today I bought a book to learn to knit. It's titled, "Learn to Knit in a Day." I'll keep you posted on that! lol

After Michael's, we decided to do a little more shopping. I was good and passed right by the Lindt and April Cornell stores, although, I was really tempted to go in each. LOL We went to Old Navy and I broke down and bought 4 new maternity tees. I can't believe how happy I am over 4 simple tees! lol (Heather ~ I love all the clothes you sent (and thanks!) but unfortunately, only a couple really match the *very* few pair of shorts I can still wear and the maternity shorts are falling down? Not sure I get that but whatever! lol) Anyhow, I got a deal so I didn't feel too bad about spending the $$.

Finally, we stopped in a little gourmet chef type store. I was a bit disappointed. They didn't really have anything. I've been so spoiled by all of the huge outlets up at Potomac mills. :: sigh :: I miss that place. : ( I am planning a trip up there in the next month or two though so all's not lost! LOL Oooh, I can't wait... Old Navy, Gap, TCP, Carters, GYMBO, etc. etc. etc. I can't wait to check out the new gymbo outlet!!! : )

We stopped at Wendy's (yum!) on the way home. It was GOOD! Not sure why, but I've really been craving Wendy's lately. It definitely hit the spot. : )

We came home and I decided to get a few more things out of the garage. Well, I ended up unpacking 7 more boxes! Lots and lots of craft supplies, some books and a few more baby items I stumbled on. : ) Believe it or not, I actually found a home for everything! And I even put all of Philip's curriculum away. Whew!!

Good news on that is I over ordered so I get to return about $65 worth of stuff! I still had to pay shipping but at least it's something. ; )

Phil brought the kids tepee out of the basement last night. We really shouldn't have left it down there so long. It smells pretty musty. : ( I hope I can get rid of the smell. Anyone have any ideas? Anyhow, the kids all love it. It's now right smack dab in the middle of the kitchen. Oh well. Such as life in this house. There is really no room for anything. Good thing my ocd is "under control," otherwise I'd be going crazy here. LOL

I called several places on Friday to get estimates on both the well and septic. Got a lot of well estimates but no one's called me back on the septic yet. Hopefully tomorrow. I want to get moving already. : )

I think that's all that's new around here. : )
5 Comments:
Blogger Heather said...
LoL Jamie, we had one of those ball pits too.

Dana, I am glad you finally splurged and spent some money on yourself. You deserve it. :)

Blogger Dana said...
Oh yeah Jamie. We had the ballpit in the middle of the living room for a good long while, back when we lived in the apartment. I'll have to see if I can find a pic. LOL The things we do for our kids huh? ; )

Blogger Dana said...
ROFL! You poor, poor thing. ; )

Blogger Kendra said...
I love being crafty too...I can't wait until the kids are a bit older and I can do more with them. I guess it will give me an excuse to actually get my craft stuff out. We've had a huge TV box in our family room for a few weeks now ;) But the kids love it! Glad you got to splurge on some new tees and get some shopping in.

Blogger Melissa said...
now you should know who to come to for your knitting and crocheting advice. LOL Basically the difference is in the tools you use and the way the yarn is held together. (more woven with knitting, and knotted with crocheting) I can't wait to hear how Knitting in a day goes! I can bombard you with all my needlework sites... lol