Our Journey...
~ Join us on our journey through life
Thursday, August 11, 2005
Hair appointment and gymboree...
I have a hair appointment tomorrow. Cut and color. Trust me, I NEED it. It's starting to look bad. I am so nervous. I hate, hate, hate trying to find a new hair dresser. My hair is apparently, hard to cut, as evidenced by the many hair dressers before who have totally screwed it up. lol I loved the last guy who did my hair. I would love to continue going to him, but I can't very well drive 2 1/2 hours each way and then spend 3 hours getting my hair done. : (

So, how did I pick this new place? I looked in the phone book of course. LOL I looked for the fanciest looking place I could find. I know fancy = expensive but I hope it also equals someone who can actually cut my hair. :: crossing fingers ::

The lady who made the appointment said the lady is really good at cutting curly hair and has curly hair herself so here's hoping. If anyone wants to send good haircut/color vibes my way, I'll take them! ; )

I'm thinking I am going to have it colored an auburn color this time. I have been having an all over color a bit darker than my usual color with chunky red highlights. I really like it, but the red fades so fast and turns blondish (not sure I like that quite as much) and I'm trying to save a little $$ so this time I'm going to try just an all over color. I can always add highlights later. lol

Anyhow, we'll see what I decide tomorrow. ; )

Anyone been to gymboree lately? Well, they are having this new sale. It's a typical gymbo sale. You know, confuse the heck out of you, trying to get you to spend more $$ than you need to get the good deal. Ahhh. Gymbo shopping is such fun. Always a big game. :: rolling eyes :: They're lucky I like their clothes so much! lol

So, I tried to figure out exactly what I wanted to get. I print my list out and convince Phil to take me to the mall so I can check out the new stuff in person. I'm glad I did too because I thought I really liked the new line until I saw it in person. Yuck! I didn't like it at all. They didn't have a lot of what I wanted so, I headed home to place my order online. Of course, by the time I figure out everything I want and manage to spend the least amount of $$ possible and still get the largest discount, (easier said than done!) one of the items I REALLY want is gone from my cart! Arg!!! I hate it when that happens. Anyhow, I finally got it all ordered. Now to wait patiently for it to arrive. ; )
2 Comments:
Blogger Kendra said...
With all the talk about gymboree I guess I really should check out their stuff...I did just get 3-4 HUGE bags of hand-me-downs from a girl who only buys her daughter gymbo stuff. I guess I got lucky :) But I haven't really seen any of their new stuff. I hope that your hair appointment goes great today! I have the same problem when I get my haircut. One of these days I'll find the perfect stylist I guess!

Blogger Melissa said...
When we moved out here last year I found my new hairdresser by picking the only one in the phone book that had the words "Spa and Salon" after their name. lol I figured it was my best bet! Hope it works out for you, too!