Our Journey...
~ Join us on our journey through life
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
I'm back! < wink >
I haven't posted in a few days because I've been in a "not so positive mood" lately. No, nothing is wrong. Actually, things at home are wonderful. I've just thinking about a bunch of stuff...

Mainly, my relationships with others.

I have come to the conclusion that my expectations must just be too high. I am really just so tired of being disappointed by others. However, I suppose that is my fault, so I am going to lower my expectations and see if that helps.

I know it's not going to be easy. I've been struggling with this, with both my father and sister for a while now, but it's just not worth me getting upset because once again, someone disappointed me. :( I just don't have room in my life for such negativity, so from here on out, my expectations are going to be very low. Then instead of being down about something someone does, (or doesn't do as the case may be) I can be pleasantly surprised. How's that for positive thinking? ; )

Anyhow, enough about that. ; )

I had a dr. appointment yesterday. I was so afraid I would go in and they wouldn't be able to find a heartbeat but luckily I was worrying for nothing. (story of my life! My mom always said I was going to give myself an ulcer because I worried so much) Ahhhh, so much fun to be pregnant. Why must be worry about every little thing? :: sigh :: Everything looks good though. I finally gained some weight! 1 1/4 lbs! Woo hoo! LOL I went ahead and had the AFP done as well. I didn't even bother with E. but since I am now in the "high risk" age category, I figured why not. ;) It certainly won't change anything but it would be nice to know if there is a potential problem. We should have the results by the end of the week.

Isabella helped me bake some chocolate chip cookies yesterday. She was so excited to help and so proud of herself afterwards. It was so sweet. Gotta love kids. :)



2 Comments:
Blogger Lois said...
I can totally see your reasoning. I, myself, have decided to go with the zero expectations route and have been pleased with the little surprises that may occur. Sadly, the only thing I could count on was disappointment. I had to do something different. LOL It may not be a very positive outlook on life, but believe me it's kept me smiling throughout things that could have only made me cry in the past.

Glad all is well with your pregnancy. Eat some of the chocolate chip cookies for me ~ K?

Blogger Kendra said...
Glad that your doc appt went well and you got some special time with Isabella...now I'm craving choc chip cookies ;)