It appears that we have made yet another BIG change in our plans. ; ) We wouldn't want life to get too boring around here. LOL
Phil and I had a long talk this weekend and sadly realized that we had miscalculated a few things. In any case, the way it looked was, once we finished building the house, there would be a very good chance, we would have to turn around and sell it. : ( Well, I'm not about to go through all the effort of building this thing just to sell it! So, we had some decisions to make.
I hate this house. I don't want to sound ungrateful, because it is a nice house, but it's not ME. We don't have enough space, etc. It's just never felt like home to me. So, putting the house on hold and staying here for a while was not an option I wanted to explore.
Phil's business is doing well, considering he has only been working at it for 3 months. However, we have learned a few things about the nature of this business and what it takes to really be successful. One of the things we have learned is, when dealing with individual inventors, you either have to be willing to cheat them (which Phil would NEVER do) or they just don't want to pay very much. : \ So, we were faced with toughing it out and sort of making do on the home front or Phil going back to his old job.
After much consideration, we have decided that what would be best for our family is to return to Northern VA and have Phil return to his old firm. WOW!!!! Who would've thought? Certainly not me! : )
Are we sad? No. Are we disappointed? A little. Do we trust in God and believe everything happens for a reason, even if to only to remind you to be grateful for what you have? ; ) Yes! Are we giving up our dream? Absolutely not! Anything can happen in the future. We are both glad that we tried this. We had a wonderful summer together. Further, we have learned some things that we would have never known had we not tried. We now know what we need to do if we choose to try again, some point in the future. In the meantime, we are happy! We are looking forward to and are excited about our future. : )
Phil has contacted his old firm and it looks VERY promising for him to return to work there in the near future. We have found a subdivision where we would like to purchase a home and are now just trying to determine if we will build (It would take approx. 8 months) or if we can live with one of the houses already built and ready for move in. Hmmm.... ; )
The house is GORGEOUS!!!! I mean GORGEOUS. I was so in awe when we went up to see it on Monday. I think I walked around with my mouth hanging open most of the day. LOL We won't be living in the same town as we were living in before we moved. Actually, we will be moving a little further south. Housing has continued to go through the roof since we left and while we could afford to live there, we can get SO much more for our $$ if we move south. Phil's commute will only be slightly longer. Actually, he will probably just start taking the train (not the metro) which should make the commute shorter and much more enjoyable. : )
For those of you who have been following my shopping dilemmas, ; ) we will be 15 minutes from MAJOR shopping and I will only be half an hour from the famous Potomac Mills. Woohoo! Gymbo outlet here I come! Oh yeah, Phil's excited! LOL
So, that's us in a nutshell. So, who wants to see pics??? ; )