Our Journey...
~ Join us on our journey through life
Saturday, September 10, 2005
Mold!!!!
Omgosh! Today I planned on getting lots of packing done. I packed about 3 boxes when Phil calls me from the basement. We always known the basement had moisture issues. We bought a dehumidifier and I swear we empty the darn thing every single day. Anyhow, he was down there sorting through some stuff and he noticed something a bit disturbing. There is mold growing on *everything*!!!! It is so freaking gross. We only stored outdoor items down there thinking they would be safe... NOPE! There is even mold growing on our garden hoses! Ick!!

So, instead of spending lots of time packing, I got to spend hours cleaning everything with bleach. Ugh! We aren't even close to being done either. : ( I am so incredibly irritated. Did I really have to ask what was going to irritate me today? lol

Okay, I think E. is asleep. Off to clean the kitchen and maybe attempt to pack a box. :: crossing fingers ::
5 Comments:
Blogger saurav said...
all the best.....have fun....

Blogger Heather said...
Yuck, Dana. We had that problem at our last home. It was such a pita to have the extra space to be able to store things but not be able to use it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
had to deal with that too in our NH house. glad you didn't store anything valuable down there (like the kids memory boxes, wouldn't that have been worse!). try not to stress :)

Blogger Dana said...
Ha ha! What a funny, funny guy I have. ;)

Blogger Melissa said...
Hope you got your internet, and hubby got his phone! :)

Did you lose much in the mold?