Yes, I know it's been FOREVER since I have posted on this thing. I plan to start posting daily again now that I think we have things under control and our house is back on some sort of schedule again. :: whew!! :: I was going to post about our move, but maybe I'll post it another time for anyone who cares to read about it. It really was an awful, awful move, but it's over and I'm moving passed it. LOL The house.... ahhhh, where to start? LOL It's a beautiful house and I truly love it, but the people who owned it prior to us were pretty much jerks. I know, that's not very nice, but it's the truth. They did some really jerky things and didn't take very good care of stuff so we have found ourselves having to do a lot more to make the house "livable" than we had originally thought we would have to. :: sigh :: Oh well, such as life right? ; ) I'm sure I'll be venting about them soon enough. lol Can I just say how much I ADORE my husband? This move has probably been the hardest on him. First, he had to go back to work. A big adjustment considering he was just getting used to being home every day. Not to mention, having all the extra time to spend with us. It's hard to give that up. Second, the traffic! As my dear friend Mindi would say, Oh my heck! The traffic in Northern Virginia is AWFUL. It's seriously the worst traffic I have EVER driven in in my life. (Note: I didn't say the craziest, I will save that term for Mass. ; ) ) But it is BAD. My poor husband leaves the house every morning at 6am. He drives about 5-10 minutes to the highway. (couple of miles away) So far so good. Then, he gets on the highway and there our trouble begins. Ugh! He has to drive 4 miles, (yes ONLY 4) to the exit he gets off to catch the train. Those 4 little miles that should take, oh about 5 minutes, take him approx. 45 minutes!!! Then it's 10 or so minutes off the highway to the train and another hour or so train ride. So his commute to work each day takes about 2 hours! Did I mention, he works about 40 miles away? 2 hours to travel 40 miles. ARGHHHH!!!!!! Thankfully, the traffic on the way home is MUCH better so it doesn't take near as long to get home but sheesh! So, back to what I was saying.... Phil is the greatest! And if he reads this, I hope he knows just how much I appreciate him and just how much I love him. Thank you sweetheart!!!! So, what else has been going on.... Lots of unpacking, organizing, cleaning... you know the boring stuff that happens after you move. It's been fun finding all sorts of stuff that has been packed in boxes for a long time. (some of the stuff was in boxes at the old house as well) However, we decided that we aren't storing anything in boxes anymore. Either we want it or we don't, so we're going through everything. FUN! ; ) The neighborhood is really nice. We live in a gated golf community so it's just beautiful around here. The houses are all gorgeous, the landscaping is perfect and it's just so pretty and peaceful. We haven't had the opportunity to really explore the neighborhood and use all of the amenities available to us yet but we hope to soon. We have an indoor pool so we need to make it down there soon. : ) There are also several tot lots, walking paths, a rec. center, (I can't wait to have this baby and start using that!) etc. It's really nice. We were also pleasantly surprised by the very warm welcome we received from several of our neighbors. One brought us a nice bag of goodies and another brought us homemade chocolate chip cookies. Several others stopped by to say hello and welcome us into the neighborhood. : ) We are sort of at the end of two culdasacs so there are approx. 20 or so houses in our little "neighborhood." Apparently, they are all pretty close too so we look forward to getting to know everyone. The kids have several kids their age around as well so that's nice. Anyhow, I'd better get started on lunch. Just wanted to let you know I'm back! I have LOTS to talk about so make sure to check back. LOL