We had a really nice thanksgiving. : ) Phil's parents, brother, sil and niece came down from New York. They arrived on Wed. afternoon. I thought it was pretty neat, that when getting directions for them, I realized there is only 1/2 mile difference for them to travel than to our old house. I imagined their trip would be relatively painless as there shouldn't have been too much traffic at that time of day. No such luck. Just before they got on 495 there was a sign informing them the highway was closed. They had to find an alternate route! (It turns out a gas truck carrying 8600 gallons of gasoline caught on fire. Yikes! The highway was closed since 5am. Thankfully, no one was hurt.) They of course called me and I had NO IDEA how to get them here from Maryland. They finally figured it out and arrived safely. Whew!! We spent the remainder of the day visiting. It was nice to catch up with everyone. The kids were so happy to see everyone again. We exchanged gifts, since we won't be together at Christmas. The kiddos were spoiled rotten as usual. ; ) As were we! Phil's mom bought me a beautiful creche to go with the Lennox nativity set she's been buying me for the past few years. I can't wait to put it all up!!! I'll make sure to take pics. : ) After dinner, we looked outside and realized it was snowing!!! It was really coming down there for a while. It was sort of magical sitting there watching it and the kids were so excited. It even covered the ground. : ) Of course, it was gone by morning, but it was nice while it lasted and I didn't even have to shovel! : ) Thanksgving Day, I made two turkey breasts (or really I should say Phil made ; ) ) and all the usual stuff... mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls, peas, green beans, salad, etc. It was REALLY good. I tried a new stuffing recipe which I was a bit nervous about as I hadn't tried it before but it came out pretty good. I was going to make home made rolls as well but realized I hadn't bought any yeast, so Pillsbury it was. Sorry Mindi! LOL I'm going to try them for Christmas though. :) At least I didn't make stove top. ; ) The inlaws brought dessert and while I had hoped they would bring cheesecake, they brought apple pie and a banana, strawberry, chocolate cake instead. They were pretty good, but not as good as the cheesecake I was imagining. LOL After dinner, Phil's parents put together the kitchen they had bought the girls for Christmas and they just love it. It's so cute!! Later we all watched The Polar Express. I was very disappointed with this movie. Not sure what I was expecting but more than that. : ( I LOVE the book and just wish they had done more with the movie. :: sigh :: In any case, the kiddos seemed to like it. Well kind of. ; ) Bella fell asleep and Philip, Summer and Elizabeth watched it in between running around. ; ) Friday morning everyone was gone. : \ Phil's dad and brother had made plans to head on down to Virginia Beach to help Phil's uncle roof the house he's building and for whatever reason Phil's mom and sil decided to go ahead and head home that morning as well. I have to say I was a bit disappointed as I had thought they had planned to stay until Saturday. Oh well. We were able to relax and just enjoy spending the time together as a family.I was hoping to get all of the Christmas decorations up this weekend but I have come down with a cold and just haven't felt up to it. : \ I did get my Christmas cards all addressed yesterday afternoon but that's it. Hopefully tomorrow I can get started. :: crossing fingers :: I can't wait to make it more Christmasey in here. : ) Phil's reading Philip a bedtime story and then I think we're going to watch A Christmas Carole... I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. : )