Our Journey...
~ Join us on our journey through life
Thursday, November 17, 2005
This and that
I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I found my missing cookbook. As it turns out, I didn't have it at the rental after all. It was packed, all by it's lonesome, (well, with no other cookbooks that is) in some odd box. Not sure what I was thinking when I packed it. Probably that I just wanted to get all of our crap in boxes. LOL

My steak knives, salt and pepper shaker and sugar bowl are still missing however. I must have left them at the old place. Funny thing, I called and asked the lady we were renting from. She stated she hadn't seen them but would look again. So??? I haven't heard from her. I have unpacked every box (I believe) so they *must* be there. It's really not a big deal other than it's driving me crazy. LOL

Is it just me, or do others have a hard time reading those weird formed letters (aka, "Word Verification") you need to enter to post on some people's blogs??? I can't tell you how many times, I look and look at the letters and still just can't figure out what the hell letters they are. lol So, I guess... and I'm usually wrong and have to start all over again. ; )

I hate Amazon... I swear every year it's something with them. If you have read my post below then you will understand at least some of my issues with them, even if that is really more my ocd than them. ; ) In any case, I finally finished going through my big ritual of trying to place my Christmas order, got ready to check out, only to find that over 3/4 of my order was "not guaranteed to arrive before December 24th." WTF!!! Seriously, Christmas is over 5 weeks away and amazon can't deliver my stuff to me by then? :: rolling eyes:: Whatever! I guess I'll spend my $$ elsewhere. Now to try to *find* the stuff elsewhere. :: sigh :: Why did I wait so long to start my shopping this year???

We now have a membership to 3 different wholesale clubs. Crazy!!

Sams - when we lived in C. VA we had no choice. They were the only one around.

BJ's - When we moved back here, I went back to my favorite store. They are kind of far away (45 minutes) but I REALLY love BJ's. : )

Costco - They are actually the closest to us. (about 15 min. away) I went and checked them out a few weeks ago, just before I renewed my BJ's membership. I wasn't impressed with them so decided to go ahead and stick with BJ's. Well, my in laws want to buy this kitchen for the girls for Christmas. I found it online but the place can't get it here before Thanksgiving. I know the inlaws want to see the girls play with it so I check costco. (an online friend let me know they had it cheap. thanks marz!!) Sure enough, costco has it. Since costco won't allow you to purchase anything without having a membership, we are now proud members to yet another wholesale club. lol I must say though, even after paying the $45 fee, the kitchen was still cheaper there than online.

What is up with the weather? Yesterday, we leave the house around 2pm to run some errands. It's HOT. It must have been at least 75. Then an hour or so later, it's windy as can be and cold, then it starts POURING!! Today, we wake up and it's freezing. It's 37 out right now. Yikes!! I think a roast sounds good today. : )

Time to go make the kiddos breakfast. : )