Our Journey...
~ Join us on our journey through life
Thursday, December 15, 2005
A big thumbs down to the snow/ice!!
I had my 3 hour glucose test this morning at 7am. (cross your fingers that I pass it!) My ob appointment was at 10:45. I figured while I was on that side of the county, (remember, I am driving 45 minutes to see my ob) I may as well hit Potomac Mills and BJ's. I was excited to maybe actually finish my Christmas shopping, Plus I really wanted to pick up these super cute ornaments at one of the carts in the mall. I got them the past two years and they are really adorable. Anyhow....

The weather had been calling for snow/ice today. However, you know how the weather goes. What they say will happen and what actually happens are often two entirely different things. ; ) I had already rescheduled my glucose test from the previous Friday due to snow so I really didn't want to reschedule it again. I decided to chance it and hope for the best.

We had to leave the house by 5:30 to get to my appointment on time. Can you believe there was already traffic on the highway?!?!? At 5:30am!!!! Arg! (now you know why Phil leaves the house at 5am every morning) We get there and everything is good .The kids were amazing btw. I am sure they were all bored to tears sitting in that waiting room for 3 hours, but they just played and were really, very well behaved. We go to leave at 10am and it's snowing! Ugh!! It wasn't supposed to start until noon.

I rushed to my ob appointment, where I was unpleasantly surprised to find that I had gained 6 1/2 lbs in 2 weeks!!!! Wth?! The dr. wasn't concerned as "you haven't gained much weight this pregnancy so you are just catching up." I am a tad concerned. ; ) Anyhow.... All is well with baby. We leave the ob and it's still snowing. I head towards BJ's and to pick up lunch at Mc Donalds as I was STARVING. (nothing to eat/drink except water since 9pm last night) Side note: I am SO, SO sick of fast food. Blech!!!! After we sit there for a few minutes I realize that I just can't chance it. The forecast hasn't changed: snow changing to an ice mix, finally turning to rain later this evening. I know the roads are going to be a mess. : ( So, we head home.

I get home, just in time for the snow to stop. I now get to go shovel the dang driveway before it turns into a slushy, icy mix. FUN! Did I mention, I would rather have been SHOPPING??? ; )

:: sigh ::

Not quite the way I imagined spending the day but we are home and safe and I suppose that's most important. I guess I will order us ornaments online and head up to a closer BJ's tomorrow. No Potomac mills though until after Christmas. : \
1 Comments:
Blogger Misti said...
and this is why i live where it doesn't snow ;-)