Saturday evening while we were sitting in church waiting for the service to begin, Phil decided to go get a couple of names off the Christmas tree. I'm sure, many of you are familiar with this concept. You pick a name off the tree and then buy a gift for the person. Usually, they have "requests" written on the tag. So, Phil brings back two tags... one is a 10 year old boy. He wants new shoes. :( The other wants some small toy or something, Then he tells me, he would have gotten more but they were asking for kind of expensive things... like Nintendo DS, cell phones, etc. Wth!?!!? This really bothers me. Not because I think, that they don't deserve it, but because if you really don't have much, you're going to ask for a cell phone??? Who is going to pay the cell bill? A Nintendo DS? Those are over $150! Then what are you going to play on this? How about a gameboy advance. At least I can pick up one of those for $100 with a game. Phil thinks I am being too hard on them. They are kids, just asking for what they want. The girl who wanted a cell phone was like 16 or so. All of her friends probably have cell phones... :: sigh :: Hmmmm. I don't know. I know this probably makes me seem really petty and maybe even a little jerky but I just don't understand why they don't ask for more reasonable gifts? Anyhow, we picked a few more names and I will enjoy shopping for them this week. However, I will not be buying a cellphone or a Nintendo DS. : \
I really don't mind getting them toys. I just don't see why they would put down such EXPENSIVE toys. Ay yi yi!!! ; )