Our Journey...
~ Join us on our journey through life
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Getting to know your friends ~ Holiday Edition
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Without a doubt, hot chocolate! I've bought egg nog a couple of times because it just seemed the thing to do, but I could never convince myself to actually drink it. LOL

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? They are wrapped. In special Santa paper of course. ; )

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We don't do lights outside (although, I would love to) and we have two trees. The artificial tree is my themed snowman tree and has white and blue lights on it. The real tree is the family tree with all of our special ornaments and it has colored lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes. Not this year though.

5. When do you put your decorations up? We usually start to decorate Thanksgiving Day. I have so much stuff it usually takes several days to complete.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed potatoes! I LOVE mashed potatoes. :: cover your eyes Mindi! :: I don't make them from scratch very often but always on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Yum!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Going to sleep the night before Christmas, being so excited. My sister and I staying up as late as we could manage, imagining all of the fun we were going to have. Also going to Holiday bazaars with my mom. I always loved those! : )

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I can't remember...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, the kids each open one gift. Phil and I manage to wait until Christmas morning. lol

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Usually sugar cookies

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it!!!!

12. Can you ice skate? I doubt it! LOL I think I used to be able to many, many years ago but I'm sure if I tried today I would land right smack on my butt.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I can't think of what my favorite gift would be. Phil always does a really great job choosing my gifts and surprising me though. : )

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my family and making it really special for them.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Peanut butter balls! And cheesecake. Oh and fudge... oh you get the idea. ; )

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to church Christmas Eve, then driving around looking at Christmas lights on the way home. Doing our Advent calendar. The kiddos LOVE this!

17. What tops your tree? It used to be an angel but she was somehow replaced with a star this year. : \

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Definitely giving!!! Not that I don't enjoy receiving though. : )

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? I love them all, but a few of my most favorites are Silver Bells, Sleigh Ride, Silent Night and O Holy Night.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yuck! Not really a disgusting yuck though, more of an I'd rather have chocolate yuck. LOL
4 Comments:
Blogger Dana said...
testing for Heather. Don't want her to get a complex. ; )

Blogger Strong Enough said...
LOVE the new look!

Blogger Dana said...
Copy away Mindi!! :D

Thanks Tracy! (and everyone else who commented. I'm pretty happy with the way it looks as well. : )

Blogger Dana said...
Ack!!! Thank you Marz!!! :heart You have a wonderful holiday also. I will be thinking bout you and am sending lots of good vibes your way. Hope it all goes perfectly! :: crossing fingers ::