Oops! Meant to post this last night but I fell asleep. Here it is anyhow. ; )
Omgosh! Can I just say, that returns are just about to the point of being ridiculous. If you read my blog entry from a couple of days ago you will know that I had several returns to make. I had an ob appointment today and since we were out and about anyhow, I figured we'd try to get a few items returned. :: sigh ::
First we hit Kohl's: They weren't so bad. The only thing they did was have way too many signs with arrows directing me to the return area. I almost got dizzy looking up trying to figure out which direction I was supposed to be going. However, they were very efficient. Which is much better then what we encountered at store #2:
Toys R Us
Let me just say, Oh my HECK! Talk about disorganized. They had NO regular registers open. Read: ZERO! They were doing returns at the usual place, right where you first walk in the store. There were people everywhere! I was sitting there wondering why there were SO many people in line. I mean, it is after all,
4 days after Christmas, certainly I have missed the HUGE rush of returns. ; ) As I was contemplating whether it was worth standing in line, one of the people at the customer service counter, who must have overheard a very annoyed customer (it wasn't me, I swear!) complaining, all of a sudden in an annoyed sort of tone, mumbles how if we were
just trying to purchase something they could help us in the "R Zone," (whatever the heck THAT means!) over in electronics. He had to add the electronics part as he was met with a bunch of blank stares. LOL At least 3-4 people immediately left the line. Okay, why again, are there NO registers open in the middle of the day???
Just as I was about to say something, it was my turn and I was so happy that I totally forgot what I was annoyed about. I had three items to return. A nerf "big bad bow" which was broken and 2 Barbie Fairy necklaces I had bought on a whim for the girls stockings. One of which promptly broke upon opening so we decided to return the both of them. I explain this to Mr. I would rather be anywhere than here. He asks me if I have the box for the bow. No, I don't have the box. It was lost in the huge mound of boxes and wrapping paper Christmas morning and is long gone by now. Well, they're going to need the box. Just to be onery I ask him, what if you don't have the box? You won't return the item? He starts to have a heart attack as he explains, he's trying to work with me, blah, blah, blah... Okay, okay! I'll go look and see if they have another one. ; )
Nope! We walk all over, no more bows. I head back up to the counter to be met with what I am sure will be an even more annoyed sales person. Thankfully, I was wrong and he appeared to be so flustered that he waved me on to his coworker and in a distressed tone told her, "she doesn't have a box, just return it!" As I stifled a laugh, I took note of the lady who was next in his line. She had a HUGE bag full of stuff to return. As I'm waiting for my return to be processed I start to listen to her reasons for returning everything. This item her daughter already has, this one has a rip on it, these two items her daughter didn't like... I glance over to look at them and both items have been played with and are out of the package. I almost burst out laughing. I have to go search for an item so they have a box to return my BROKEN item and this lady waltzes in wanting to return stuff her daughter played with and decided that she didn't like. (but she
did have a box ;)) Oy!!!
Did I mention this whole process is just a tad ridiculous?
For the record, I also managed to return stuff to Walmart and to BJ's and even do a little shopping. :: whew!! :: Not as easy as it sounds with 3 kiddos in tow. That's 6 times squeezing my big pregnant behind into the back of the van to strap the girls in for anyone counting. ; ) Thankfully, Philip can unstrap them. lol
OB update: I only gained 2lbs. Woohoo! MUCH better than the 6 1/2 I gained last time. We will schedule induction on the 30th. Please send me lots and lots of going into labor vibes as I REALLY don't want to be induced. Baby looks/sounds good. All is well. I hope. I'm still a little concerned about the AFP we never got. : \