Anyone remember WAY back in September ; ) when I posted a vent about the custom home builder who was in fact interested in purchasing our property, but wanted to buy it for what we had paid? (even after he himself had told me the land had appraised for 40k more than that just a couple of weeks after we purchased it!)
Anyhow... Fast forward to sometime last week. We received a letter from his partner asking us if we planned to build a home on the lot (because they would be more than happy to build one for us) or if we would be interested in selling. Ha!! I put the letter aside ao I could think about how exactly I wanted to respond to him. ; )
Today I decided to look and see if the house he's building on the lot next to ours had sold or not. Nope, still on the market. Then for the heck of it I decided to go ahead and look and see what property was currently selling for in that area. Imagine my surprise when I see not one but three of the lots that Mr. I'm determined to rip you off, had purchased. Now that itself isn't all that surprising except when you take into account what hes asking for them.
The smallest lot, which is a full acre less than ours, has NO mountain views and is oddly shaped, he's asking
30k MORE than the price he scoffed at me for asking him for back in September. Another lot with no views but is an acre more than ours, he's asking
70k more and the largest lot, which does have the views and is 2 acre larger than ours, he's asking
109k more! Imagine that!
Gee, I don't know... maybe we should just give him our piece of property as well. :: rolling eyes ::