Our Journey...
~ Join us on our journey through life
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
OB update and other misc. ramblings...
The other day Phil was on the phone with his mom. She must have asked him if I was getting big because his response to her was, "She's a LOT bigger than she was a month ago." Yesterday, I realized just how right he was.

I gained 7 lbs in a week and a half! How, how, HOW does this happen? It's not like I've been sitting here stuffing my face with every type of food I can find. Neither, do I sit on my butt all day doing nothing. I am up and down our stairs no less than 15 times a day. I am running around picking up, playing with and helping the kids all day long. ???? Anyhow, that's not the bad part.

As I was sitting there waiting for the dr. to come in, I was reading my chart. Since 12/1 I have gained 15 1/2 lbs!!!! Yes, you read that right! I think that's more than I had gained my entire pregnancy up to that point. No wonder, I look "a LOT bigger." Argh!!!!

Other than that, all is well... baby is head down and ready to go. My ob doesn't do internals unless you request them so none this time. Next week we will go ahead and do one because I'm freaking out about being induced so I want to know if my body is starting to get ready or not. If not, I'm going to need to help it along. LOL

After my appointment, I decided to take the kiddos to the mall. We shopped for a couple of hours. I got some excellent deals. I was particularly excited about a pink down coat I found at Old Navy marked down 50% to $25!! Woo hoo!! Of course, I can't currently zip it but all in time. ; ) I also bought the kiddos several things for next winter. I love shopping at the end of the season. I hate paying full price for things. Gotta love the Carters, Old Navy, Gap and TCP outlets. :D

While we were there I decided to see if I could find a good deal on another George Foreman grill. Some of you know, we are HUGE fans of this grill. I honestly cannot say enough good things about it. I LOVE this grill. The other day, I went to take ours out to use it and I dropped it on the floor and broke it! I was seriously freaking out thinking HOW am I going to make dinner now? That's how much I use the thing. The thought of having to actually cook meat on the stove scared me too death. LOL Luckily I was able to find one at Linens and Things and used a 20% off coupon so it was a deal. :: whew!! ::

Well the kiddos are calling so I am off...
1 Comments:
Blogger Heather said...
Not to worry, Dana. It is in your make up to be a teeny little gal. I am sure the weight is going to fall right off you.

Oh yeah. I want to know the name too. :)