Our Journey...
~ Join us on our journey through life
Monday, January 09, 2006
Whines and complaints from a stressed out pregnant woman
Phil, I am sure, is sick of hearing me complain so here I am. Lucky you! lol

Let me start with the obvious: I am SO uncomfortable I can barely stand it. Sleeping is the worst. I sleep sandwiched between Elizabeth (Who is still nursing MUCH of the night) and Bella. I start out on my right side, I try to sneak to my left side (by far the most comfortable) when E. falls asleep and sometime during the night, end up flat on my back (by far the most uncomfortable) because Bella wants me to snuggle her. I love my kiddos. Truly I do. However, I am getting such crappy sleep lately. I wonder if these bags under my eyes will ever go away. :
On a side note, I love sleeping with the girls so moving them out of our bed isn't really an option for me. : )

Heartburn and headaches: I really shouldn't complain about the heartburn. I mean really, it only just started getting bad here recently but I am already OVER it. And the headaches!!! Oh man! They started in the beginning of the third trimester and I can count on them every dang day! They are the kind that are right behind your eyes making it difficult to think at all. Oh and aspirin often, doesn't even touch them. :
Feeling really unattractive: I don't usually get down on myself. I am who I am and most of the time I am happy with that. Even while pregnant. However, this time... Ugh! I feel SO blah all the time. I'm not sure what is up with my hair but right after I posted how much I LOVE my hairdresser and had my hair done... well, let's just say I haven't had a "good" hair day since. : ( Then there's the fact that NOTHING fits me anymore. I am so sick of being uncomfortable all the time. Who makes maternity pants anyhow? Seriously, I'd like to have a chat with him/her. EVERY dang pair of pants I own literally falls off me. I spend my entire day pulling them up. Wth!?!?! You're supposed to buy your regular size in maternity sizes right? Well, I have pants a full size below what I was wearing and they still fall off me. As far shirts, well, even the larges I started to buy in the second trimester barely cover my HUGE stomach. UGH!!!!! I am just sick and tired of feeling so ick all the time. :: sigh ::

Nerves: I am really, really stressed about having this baby. Not the baby part. I'm totally fine with that part. A little nervous about adding number 4 but overall, I'm good. : ) It's the HAVING the baby part. You would think after giving birth 3 times (2 of them completely natural) I would be okay with this part. Nope! I am such a wimp when it comes to pain. I am seriously freaking out about it. I am sure, it will all be fine but ugh! Last time I said, I was DONE. I didn't want to do this again and I don't! LOL

I am also a nervous wreck about being in the hospital. I hate staying overnight in the hospital. REALLY hate it. Now I would just sign myself out no problem but what about the baby? I'm not leaving my child in the hospital and I'm not sure how they would react if I attempted to sign out the baby, which I can only assume would be against doctors orders. ?? This is obviously only if baby and I are okay. The kiddos do not do well when I am not home. E. has never slept apart from me and like I said, still nurses several times a night, Bella has only spent one night away from me, when I was in the hospital having E. and Phil said it was just awful. She pretty much cried ALL night long. Philip also gets upset. Even though, he sleeps in his room, he's just not used to having mom gone all night. I think he would be okay if the other two weren't freaking out but I think if they are, he will get upset as well.

I thought I came up with a great idea where I would go home with the kids and Phil could stay in the hospital with the baby. Then Phil reminded me, they aren't a hotel and aren't just going to let him stay in my room instead of me. Oh yeah! Double ugh!!!!

My mom has generously offered to come out to help us. She is arriving Sunday the 22nd and staying for almost 2 weeks. I will be induced on the 30th if I don't go natural by then, so unless I go more than a week early (which I never have before) we should be okay there. Otherwise, that would be next on my list. What to do with the kids when Phil and I are in the hospital.

So there you have it. All my stresses and complaints in one nice post. ; ) I thought typing them out would make me feel better but it didn't. :
Gotta go get ready for my ob appointment. I'll update later for those interested.

Oh and I'm working on a new blog. But you know me, I'm so picky it's taking a while. LOL
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
can i copy those for my own use in about 8 months? :)

hope everything works out for you, dana. why is it your pregnancies seem to fly by???

Blogger Strong Enough said...
I can't believe the day is almost here. How exciting, Dana!

Blogger Catherine said...
Hang in there. Just remember that it'll all be worth it when you hold that screaming bundle of joy in your arms.