Our Journey...
~ Join us on our journey through life
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Wow, time flies...
I really can't believe that it's almost time to have this baby. It seems like just yesterday I ran up to the grocery store to buy a test. I didn't really think I was pregnant, but Phil had put the thought in my head and I just HAD to know for sure. lol Little did I know... ; ) This is the second time Phil told me I was pregnant before the thought ever crossed my mind. I guess I live more in denial than I thought. ; )

We were absolutely shocked. Well, I shouldn't speak for Phil. I was absolutely shocked. lol I'm not quite sure why since we weren't doing anything to prevent it but I was still totally surprised to see that second line. Surprised but thrilled, nonetheless. I couldn't believe we were going to have another baby! I had really thought we were done. I had JUST given away a ton of baby stuff. God had other plans for our family. : )

I'm pretty sure this will be our last baby but I don't want to say that too loud. After all, I said that after Bella and then again after Elizabeth. ; )

I have so many emotions surrounding the birth of this baby. I am really so incredibly excited to meet this sweet little thing I have been carrying around for the last nine months. I can't wait to hold him in my arms, kiss his little fingers and toes and to just cuddle him. I am so excited to introduce him to his big brother and sisters. I am also scared... I'm afraid of all the little "usual" stuff like labor and how the kiddos will do without me for a night, but then there are the bigger, more serious fears. I'm afraid that something will be terribly wrong. : ( I know there is always a chance that there is something wrong and I don't have any real reasons to be worried but I am. I have three beautiful, healthy children, do I dare hope for a fourth?

I think I'll just try to focus on the positive, happy thoughts... : )

In any case, it is almost time... Any day now (hopefully after mom arrives on Sunday ; ) ) we will meet our little angel. I can't wait!!!
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
i keep searching the boards to see if you've posted that you're going to the hospital yet! hope he waits til after sunday for you though.

and right after i got my bfp, i realized i would have to go through labor again. :( i'm so not looking forward to it either.

Blogger Strong Enough said...
I am just so happy for you. Any day now!

Blogger Catherine said...
And having a friend who is a constant reminder of bad things doesn't help either, does it? I'm sorry for that.

Blogger Dana said...
Thanks Mindi. :heart

Yes, I think Joseph is still the name. Of course, the poor thing doesn't have a middle name yet.... Hmmmm. : )